Phoenix is the handheld application software that runs on Android devices, such as smart phones, tablets, etc. Phoenix is purely designed to work with ONLY HX-series/AX-series so that maximum compatibility is offered. If you use a latest Android device, you will be sure to enjoy its operation - quick, intuitive, smooth scroling, etc. just like "feel innovation".
Phoenix order entry software is optimized for Andriod™ devices to offer easy-to-use features that can be intuitively learnt, thus Phoenix is quite free from concept of existing solutions and give users more free feeling and fun of operations!
Preset data of HX-series/AX-series to be used on Phoenix
Once Phoenix downloads the preset data from HX-series/AX-series, a clerk can immediately sign on and start to register PLUs. No need to program on Phoenix itself.
Security protection by license code generated by MAC address
Only a device that is registered on HX-series/AX-series with license code can communicate with HX-series/AX-series.
When a Set menu is selected, you will be prompted to choose course items from the list and will know if you have registered full number of items for each course seeing the sign of n/n.
Condiments, Cooking Instructions
When a PLU has a link for Condiments or Cooking Instructions, then it will automatically display a list of Condiments or Cooking Instructions to choose from, hence you never forget to ask customers' choice.
Picture on PLU list
You can take a picture of PLU using a camera equipped with the Android device and save it, which is then shown as icon next to PLU name. If you click a picture, it can be enlarged, which can be very nice presentation to customers!
Convenient function in case some people in a group require to check out separately.
Very easy to register the same items already ordered by other customers. You only need to tap PLU to increament the Qty in Track window.
Clerk Open Track List
When you sign on, you will see the list of tables you are taking care of to choose from.
Close/Media-Close by "Gesture Entry"
Gesture Entry to Close/Media-Close operation by one action, without pressing any button.
You can close a table without going to HX-series/AX-series terminal to finalize the transaction.
Mobile Printer (Bluetooth Connection)
Can be linked with mobile printer for subtotal print via Bluetooth connection. Operator can carry the mobile printer attached to his/her belt and print immediately when commanded from Phoenix.
Flexible Printer Selection
Printer can be selected at the timing of Subtotal bill and Media close so the operator can select printer for their best performances.
Phoenix's Advantages VS 3rd party solutions
- Maximum compatibiity with HX-series/AX-series
- Friendly & intuitive especially for younger generation staffs
- Initial cost can be low (Phoenix + Android device < 3rd party handheld)
- Device cost decreases day by day because of the volume distributed
- Various choice of devices including durable, bright LCD visible under the sun, etc.
- Easy to try - you can try using Phoenix with your own Android smart phone or tablet
- Staffs can use their own smart phones
- Fast communication by high speed WI-FI
- Flexible installation with WI-FI router and bridge antennas locally available
- Easy-to-add Picture on PLU list with possibility to enlarge the picture. You click a space in the right of PLU name in PLU list, and camera application starts up, take a photo and save it, then it will appear like a button next to PLU name! This can be extremely convenient for a PLU like Today's menu or Chef's special, etc. for which you need to change pictures everyday.
Smart phones, tablets, etc. with Android OS 2.1.X or later
It is highly recommended for users to find a durable Android device (like Motorora Defy, Samsung Galaxy Xcover, etc.), or purchase a silicone cover or the like to protect an existing device from drop shock, or use a strap or chain to hold the device not to drop it to the floor.
LAN (private access point) is recommended instead of WAN (public access point) because of its stability and fastness.
Consider to use a quality WI-FI router with even directional antenna which may lower security risk and higher stability for distance communication, as well as WI-FI bridge antennas.